Sunday, November 27, 2011

The Advent Journey

Presbyterian Today has published a wonderful Advent Calendar for 2011


"The Unfolding Journey" by Taylor Lewis Guthrie Hartman and John Blair Hartmann III
First Week: Wonder & Wander



Readers are invited to use their Mary and;Joseph from their family Nativity set to "wonder and wander" with Mary and Jospeh and prepare and pray as we discover the ways we are called to live out Christ's message in our lives.

We place Mary and Joseph on our porch or in our yard and think about how they might feel as they start their journey.

Mary and Joseph are in a flower pot in my yard, in the rain, in the dark. It's cold. I think about frightening times on the highway in unfamiliar locations, in the pouring rain, at night, wondering where the next exit might be. What if the car breaks down, what if, what if. I try to remember God is with me and

God will help show me the way.

Make me to know your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths. Psalm 25: 4-5

No comments: