Wednesday, February 20, 2008

It's clouds illusions I recall....





Dream on! Keep your head in the clouds....you'll be the first to know when it rains, and in the best position to see the silver lining. (from 1,001 Smiles by Marion Kaplinsky).

I was playing some more with Adobe Photoshop Elements, cropping and trying filters. The photo was taken from the Steamboat Natchez on the Mississippi River in New Orleans, September 2007.
Over on http://www.inspiremethursday.com/ Inspire Me Thursday, they are talking about illusions. I immediately think of the Judy Collins song, Both Sides Now, which I hope is at the top of my play list below.....but in the song she reflects on life,love, and clouds, and the good and the bad, the rain and the snow, the heartache and happiness, the reality and the illusion, and what she remembers most is the illusion.
So here are my cloud's illusions (think shade on a hot sunny day, especially in New Orleans in September,) and my experiments with Photoshop Elements.






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny because when I first looked at the prompt and saw the word "illusion", I thought of Both Sides Now, too.

I like the photos of the clouds. They always make me dream of different things, different illusions, when I stop to look at them.

PJ said...

Thank you for your supportive comment..so I come to your blog and there are CLOUDS as your Illusion! I LOVE watching the clouds -carefully, of course, with all my driving around ;)
Great illusion topic!

PJ said...

..oh, I gave Sammiewammie a biscuit! That is just tooo cute!