Wednesday, August 6, 2008

My love list!


What do you love?


I love black eyed susan’s in the sun
Bowling balls in my flower bed




I love dogs and their laughing faces
Vintage bikes with street numbers




I love pretty boxes of homemade cookies
Desk drawers filled with summer plans
I love rubber stamps
Stuffing as many as I can in a clear container



I love wild things growing by the garage
And grass growing between the patio bricks
I love ribbon , fiber and fabric
Paper, photos and ephemera




I love the sound of a window fan, cooling the room
A steady humming comfort noise
I love new pencils, crayons and dolls
Fresh bread , jumbo shrimp and French fries
I love the sunrise outside the kitchen window
And the shade trees sheltering our home.




I love searching for sea shells, rocks and leaf skeletons
Sharks teeth and fossils
I love lavender and cone flowers in bloom in summer
And monarch butterflies heading south each August
I love rainbows in the mist of crashing waves



Babbling streams on mountain trails, neon signs in the French Quarter
And museums of art in my home town.
I love the rolling plains of Kansas with sunflowers all in a row
And the most incredible green on the planet
I love stacks of vintage linens, old quilts and blankets
I love rummage sales, thrift stores, and stuffed boxes of treasures
I love crispy pizza, chili mac, and guacamole with chips
Strawberry shakes, cherries and whipped cream.



I love digital photography, blogging and eye candy websites
I love tote bags filled with books, folders and umbrellas
I love Volkswagens , old and new
I love historic houses, presidential libraries, and national cemeteries
I love dinner coupons, buy one get one, and discount movies
I love popcorn, diet coke with lots of ice and cherry vanilla Dr. pepper
I love a good glass of wine,…..on the rocks
Chai-tea latte from the 7 -11
Check out Chrysti's fabulous blog and see her beautiful artwork, and enter this fun contest, and tell about things that you love....the ordinary in your life, that is extraordinary

No comments: