Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Sweet & Gentle Child


Be always like the lamb so mild, A kind and sweet and gentle child.

I'm taking another leap of faith, I am going to apply to be in the http://www.rocknrollcraftshow.com/ . The deadline to apply is early September, and the show is the weekend after Thanksgiving. Now to compile some "stuff" to sell, submitt some photos, and write an artist statement. This is my first, officially completed. piece to have available for sale.

It's a collage/mixed media piece on 1/2 inch art fiber board, 4 by 4 inches. Lots of layers and soft gel medium. The image is Dover Clip Art, the words are from a school music book that had been my father's. The little circles are from Basic Grey scrapping paper. The stamped image is from Stampin' Up and I painted over the letters with titanium white Golden Fluid acrylics. Someone, probably, should have taken it away from me about an hour before I stopped messing around with it. A lot of the basic background images are covered by paint, there are torn pages from a dictionary, but I like it pretty well. We are all our own worst critics. I'll learn to stop. ( That's hard to say, about many things.)

I made this!

No comments: