Monday, June 30, 2008

Gotta Get Busy!

Whewww.....I have all of those "late"/"hurry" quotes running through my head.

I'm late, I'm late for a very important date.
A stitch in time saves nice
The hurry-er I go the behind-er I get.
Better late than never. But never late is better.
Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.

Maybe it's not so much hurry or late, as busy and overwhelmed? Well, busy. I'm retired, how can I be overwhelmed.

Last week was VBS at our church http://oakhillpcusa.blogspot.com/ check out our blog for the exciting details. It was exciting. We had 64 neighborhood children. Just the right number for our staff of volunteers. As with most things worth doing, it requires effort. It was worth the effort, but I am tired! We usually set up during the week before, then there is prep each day and clean up at the end. Whew....where did the time go.

Ok, then I have book club tomorrow night. I am suppose to lead the discussion on David McCullough's book 1776. I have discussion questions ready, but I haven't finished the book....duh!!!!! And I'm not in the mood. I skip over the battle stuff and read the social history parts. Very bad.

THEN.....I haven't been over at the BRO www.brostl.org for more than a week. I'm the President of this non-profit groups Board of Directors. I maintain a website, blog, hunt down grants, write letters, shop for toys and baby items, etc. Ack! So I was there today. They get there at the crack of dawn. Well, they get up at 6 am and get there about 8 am or 8:30 am. I'm still thinking about getting out of bed then. After which I walk the dogs. So I arrive about 11am. I am such a slouch.

Bible Study is Wednesday....it's the last session til September. Of course, I haven't read that lesson yet, either. Sigh.....

I'm working on my Zaftig Chunky Book pages for the ZNE Convenzione SWap. Chunky pages are 4 by 4 inches, I need to make 30. I'm trying to use up supplies I have, clip art, designer paper, charms, tags, etc.......Here are my first two....I may still add the word ART to the bottom of these pages somewhere, if I can find letters the right size.

So while lots is happening, I'm glad. I'm very blessed to be involved in all that I am involved in. And that I have the abilities to do it. This is just a bit maudlin....thanks for being patient. I''ve got this off my chest, now maybe I can get busy!




No comments: