Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Free Spirit Style of Brandi Butcher-Isley







Who would have thought that dripping paint, making marks with bubble wrap, or painting with a shot glass rim could produce such delightful results. I had the pleasure of taking a class at the ZNE Convenzione with the talented Brandi Butcher-Isley. Those were just a few of the mark making and background techniques that we learned. I was able to create 3 projects. All feature vintage photos of my father. I think they may need to have some further additions, but right now, I am going to let them "rest" and contemplate further action. I like them like they are. But I want to do more, similar work with the same images.



2 comments:

Nicole Austin said...

awesome work! how did you get those crackles in just the right places in the background? lovely photos...i wish i would've taken more. oh well, there's always next year! ;)

nicole

reagan said...

These are great Donna! I love the crackles, they turned out amazing. Your words are perfect on the beach one too.