Sunday, April 6, 2008

Take time to smell the roses

On See it Say if Saturday......last week, this great art work was featured, created by Joanna Grant. It makes me think about how I need to take time to smell the roses, and I haven't been the past week or so, (I did take some time on April 1 , I'll tell about it later.) I was way tooooo involved in setting up for our church rummage sale. I invested about 40 hours of work into the project over the past two weeks, it was worth the effort, we made about $850 and met some great people and sent our leftovers out into the world through "Free Cycle", sold some to a local thrift store who serves immigrants to our community, sent some books to an area book fair that is supporting one of the "old mansions" in St. Louis, and then this week we'll send some more clothes to an area shelter. Good work, but....it kept me away from my on-line fun for the past week. But I did manage to buy some goodies. Great things, that no doubt, will enhance my artistic endeavors for months to come. Check these out.




These cool buttons were on a fleece vest, that didn't fit, it was left at the end of the day, I took the buttons and sent the vest for recycling.

A future shrine, from a jewlery kit box.
Cute, tiny, vintage santa, made in Japan, has to be from the 50s.
I can feel myself becoming organized as we speak, two double drawer card files, I can see my little clipart pixs and ephemera filed in these.
This has to be a little church from a train set, I remember one of these either at my childhood home or grandmother's house. Hmmmm, it can become a pattern and who knows what else!!

There were a few other cool things I picked up, including some books, and bowls, and other assorted crafting things I couldn't live without.

3 comments:

harvestorm said...

What a wonderful way to support your church and so many members of your community! I can't even imagine the amount of work that you did for this!

And, I wanted to say "thank you very much" for sharing some of the items you rescued and for telling of how you plan to give them new life. It takes someone with true creative vision to see such possibilities in what another eye would simply write off as "rummage". I am trying to develop that kind of eye myself and seeing these items here and reading about how you saw/see them is a great help!!

Thank you again!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Miss Donna!

You've won a little award thing on my blog today. : D

xo - Chel

reagan said...

You've won an award:-) Go and check out my blog to see what it is...
xoxo
Pam