Thursday, March 20, 2008

Nine Patch Inchies - Mixed Media Serenity Prayer


No it's not itchy...it's inchies. Very tiny works of art. Each little square is 1 inch by 1 inch. This is really my first major effort doing inchies, and I am afraid I am hooked. I made the one with the music background and the black butterfly, last year for a Zne Design Team Project. But didn't work with it in the 1 inch size. I worked with it in a 3 inch square and resized it to 1 inch on the computer. But the 9 patch inchies square above was created in the 1 inch format. It reminds me of a quilt block
I confess, now I am hooked on these tiny works of art. I have been using up scraps like crazy, and of course creating even smaller scraps, which I am finally parting with via my new recycling bin. But recyling will be a topic for another day. You know how collage and mixed media artists love to save stuff. At some point we all need to learn to let go. Sort of like the Serenity Prayer of Mixed Media Artists, having the wisdom to know when to throw away and when to save. Sigh!!!

No comments: